- Meshing “old school” journalism with new media channels
- How Gannett coordinates social media learnings and tactics among more than 100 separate entities.
- The importance of internal communications in keeping employees at all levels- and in all markets- engaged in using social media, including the use of “old school” methods like email
- Upcoming trends: you guessed it, location and mobile
- The newsroom of today: from an anecdote by co-host Jim Storer about his visit last year to the Cincinnati Enquirer newsroom
- Melding “citizen journalism” with professional investigative journalism
Voce Communications has partnered with The Community Roundtable to produce a new podcast series,Conversations with Community Managers. In this series, Voce’s Doug Haslam and The Community Roundtable’s Jim Storer speak with people from a variety of industries about their efforts with online community; what they are doing, the challenges and opportunities unique to their industry, and the differences and similarities between “community” and “social media.”