Our podcast series, Conversations with Community Managers (a co-production with The Community Roundtable), continues with episode 19, featuring, from the University of New Mexico, Benson Hendrix, PR Specialist, and Nora Heineman-Fleck, Social Network Liaison.
Podcast highlights include:
- The importance of Flickr and photos to the UNM online community
- When both staff (Benson) and students (like Nora) manage the community
- Content creation: making subject matter experts comfortable in an interview setting
- Dealing with negative content and low morale among students
- Preventing chaos and panic through misunderstanding (listen for the “duck pond” story)