Voce is an award winning communications consultancy with offices in Sunnyvale, CA, San Francisco, CA and Orlando, FL. We help companies build better brands through content creation and community engagement using a combination of public relations, social media marketing and web development strategies.
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce (Vo-Chay) Communications, a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Vice President to create and lead PR and Social Media programs within our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients.
Vice Presidents are accountable for the strategic and fiscal success of multiple client relationships. Vice Presidents oversee the team and are responsible for creating a solid team-oriented environment. They provide high-level strategic client counsel and are ultimately responsible for ensuring the team delivers the highest quality of work, on time and within budget. Vice Presidents are also responsible for identifying new business opportunities and in preparing new business materials.
The ideal candidate will bring a minimum of ten years of agency/in-house public relations and/or marketing, a firm grasp of results-driven influencer campaigns, and a strong desire to cultivate and mentor other Vocians.
Client Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for final edits and deliverables on all written materials generated on behalf of the client.
- Drive development of all strategic communications plans, presentations and proposals for client approval.
- Provide senior counsel to clients and team on influencer strategies and relations.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate compelling strategic points that persuade influencers to respond in a positive way.
- Lead the development of key product, service or company launch messages.
- Provide clients with ongoing strategic PR counsel at senior management and CEO level. Serves as principal senior-level liaison to clients.
- Deadline driven. Demonstrates a solutions-oriented approach to problems; is able to approach stressful, pressure-filled situations as challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to employ new communications models like brand journalism and content marketing to PR programs.
- Have a grasp of successful metrics and merchandizing strategies to prove impact of global programs.
Management Responsibilities Include:
- Direct, manage and ensure Voce standards with respect to completion of all written materials, including supervision and guidance of account team members.
- Actively keep pulse on agency morale and operations; work with teams to make improvements.
- Provide direction and career development opportunities to team.
- Assume total bottom-line responsibility for the success of an account.
- Effectively contribute to the management and fiscal health of the company beyond account management by supporting larger company vision through operational efforts.
- Participate in the development of new business materials.
- Decide if you want a job before you take it, value work and getting things done.
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce (Vo-Chay) Communications, a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Client Executive to support PR and Social Media programs within our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients. Client Executives provide day-to-day tactical implementation of all account activities. Client executives work closely with Senior Client Executives and Supervisors on the execution of our client’s strategic PR plans and initiatives. Client Executives mentor and provide direction to Assistant Client Executives and interns in their efforts to service the account. Client Executives are the client’s primary interface regarding tactical PR activities and issues.
- Place high priority on delivering quality results; goes above and beyond client and management’s expectations
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials that reflect an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, market, competitive position), as well as professional standards
- Responsible for the creation of client content materials, including but not limited to: news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitch letters, Q&As, company memoranda, metrics computation and analysis, and general client correspondence
- Serve as primary and ongoing contact on client’s behalf to press and analysts. Identify appropriate target influencers and sees pitch through to successful placement
- Understand influencer needs and coverage areas, including editorial focus, deadlines, audiences and format to build solid, productive relationships with target influencers
- Display a strategic and tactical understanding of social media and its role in the public relations process and ability to identify influential bloggers as they relate to client target market and audience, and engage those individuals to achieve program goals
- Keep programs on track; ensure deadlines and ongoing work requirements of the client are met
- Organize and communicates messages clearly and concisely to support client goals
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills, attentiveness, and intuitiveness about client satisfaction and concerns
- Ability multi-task, all day and every day
- Deadline driven; demonstrate ability to manage projects thoroughly and completely within given timeframes
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications or PR-related discipline. Two to four years professional experience, preferably related to public relations or journalism, as well as strong project management and interpersonal skills required. A high-tech background is ideal. Computer literacy is required. An understanding of public relations and social media basics with existing competence in performing Assistant Client Executive duties is required.
Account Manager – Security (San Francisco/Silicon Valley, CA)
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company, is currently seeking an Account Manager to help create and manage the PR and Social Media programs of our rapidly growing base of security technology clients. The ideal candidate will bring 7-9 years of agency/in-house experience, an ability to work in a rapid-response environment required when working on security clients. A firm grasp of results-driven influencer campaigns, the ability to manage teams and budgets and a strong desire to cultivate and mentor fellow teammates.
Client responsibilities include
- Exhibits deep understanding of clients, the industry and the account.
- Consult with clients on high-level strategies, and, in conjunction with the client, develop and implement strategic communications programs and plans.
- Interface with high level executives to plan, execute, and staff media briefings, executive events, etc.
- Provide strategic guidance to account teams, serving as senior level client and media contact.
- Establish relationships with high-level business press to pitch and place feature, trend, and news stories.
- Maintain day-to-day contact with clients.
- Manage account workflow, assignments and take responsibility for the team’s ability to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- Accountable to clients for project management of account activity.
Management responsibilities include
- Mentor and manage team members to help them continue cultivating PR, social media and client service skills.
- Motivate team members to work together as a team towards client goals and objectives, continually inspire through encouragement, constructive feedback, and daily mentorship.
- Responsible for successfully managing, budgeting and coordinating day-to-day activities of multiple accounts/account teams.
- Manage resources and staff while keeping programs on track and ensuring program deadlines are met while handling multiple projects.
- Providing quality control, successfully maintaining budgets, and tracking and supervising team resources with minimal support from senior levels of management.
- Accountable to Voce leadership for budget and resource management.
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm to actively contribute to the overall business success of Voce Communications. This can include but is not limited to lead generation, participating in mentoring programs, etc.
Prior education and experience
Desirable candidates bring a minimum of seven years experience in the public relations industry. Demonstrate expertise in areas of: strategic program planning, managing program implementation, media relations success, budget and project management, staff time allocation, and staff mentoring. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, English, or public relations-related focus.
Internship Opportunities (Full time position in Winter Haven, FL)
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a full-time intern to assist our PR and Social Media teams. Voce is committed to providing college students and recent graduates with the skills and expertise necessary to become excellent strategic counselors. At Voce, interns are members of account teams and their day-in and day-out tasks range from media relations and press material development to social media and metrics analysis to learning, first-hand, about client interaction and strategic planning.
As a Voce intern, you’ll get a real taste of what it means to be a communications consultant. Voce wants our interns to not only gain all of the skills necessary to land their first entry-level communications role, but to really be successful, confident public relations professionals.
The internship in our Florida office will be focused on:
- Provide support to Associate Client Executives and Client Executives on the execution of all day-to-day client work.
- Consistently demonstrates attention to detail and quality assurance when conducting these assignments.
- Able to write initial drafts and ultimately complete assignments such as competitive analysis, and analysis of client campaign metrics.
- An aptitude for multi-tasking all-day (every day).
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to compile daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly reports.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work within a team
- Web/Social Media Skills:
- Must have a basic understanding of lightweight HTML
- Experience with web publishing tools including WordPress
- Experience with mainstream social media platforms, including YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Experience with Google Apps: Mail, Drive, Calendar and Analytics
- Experience managing web communities and comment moderation.
- A strong understanding of basic web search tools and services (e.g., Google Blog search)
- An ability to quickly identify information and publish on-the-fly to Voce’s reporting tool
- This full-time position location will be in our Winter Haven, FL office.
If you’re interested in applying for an internship please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com