Voce is an award winning communications consultancy with offices in Sunnyvale, CA, San Francisco, CA and Orlando, FL. We help companies build better brands through content creation and community engagement using a combination of public relations, social media marketing and web development strategies.
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce (Vo-Chay) Communications, a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Client Executive to support PR and Social Media programs within our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients. Client Executives provide day-to-day tactical implementation of all account activities. Client executives work closely with Senior Client Executives and Supervisors on the execution of our client’s strategic PR plans and initiatives. Client Executives mentor and provide direction to Assistant Client Executives and interns in their efforts to service the account. Client Executives are the client’s primary interface regarding tactical PR activities and issues.
- Place high priority on delivering quality results; goes above and beyond client and management’s expectations
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials that reflect an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, market, competitive position), as well as professional standards
- Responsible for the creation of client content materials, including but not limited to: news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitch letters, Q&As, company memoranda, metrics computation and analysis, and general client correspondence
- Serve as primary and ongoing contact on client’s behalf to press and analysts. Identify appropriate target influencers and sees pitch through to successful placement
- Understand influencer needs and coverage areas, including editorial focus, deadlines, audiences and format to build solid, productive relationships with target influencers
- Display a strategic and tactical understanding of social media and its role in the public relations process and ability to identify influential bloggers as they relate to client target market and audience, and engage those individuals to achieve program goals
- Keep programs on track; ensure deadlines and ongoing work requirements of the client are met
- Organize and communicates messages clearly and concisely to support client goals
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills, attentiveness, and intuitiveness about client satisfaction and concerns
- Ability multi-task, all day and every day
- Deadline driven; demonstrate ability to manage projects thoroughly and completely within given timeframes
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications or PR-related discipline. Two to four years professional experience, preferably related to public relations or journalism, as well as strong project management and interpersonal skills required. A high-tech background is ideal. Computer literacy is required. An understanding of public relations and social media basics with existing competence in performing Assistant Client Executive duties is required.
Senior Client Executive
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Senior Client Executive to help create and manage the PR and social media programs of our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients. The ideal candidate will bring 4-6 years of agency/in-house experience, a firm grasp of results-driven PR, and a strong desire to cultivate and mentor fellow teammates.
- Responsibilities include
- Consult with clients on high-level strategies, and, in conjunction with teammates, develop and implement strategic PR programs and plans
- Accountable for the day-to-day project management of accounts and client deliverables
- Provide day-to-day senior counsel to clients, and more junior level team members
- Be a team leader; assisting Directors and Supervisors in determining workflow, assignments and deadlines for the team
- Cultivate and constantly continue to build relationships with media, analysts and other industry influencers
- Motivate teammates through diligent and earnest communications and a “lead by example” style
- Mentor team members to help them learn fundamental PR and client service skills
- Assist in providing quality control for all internal and client deliverables
Prior Education and Experience
Bring at least four years experience in the public relations industry. Demonstrate expertise in areas of: strategic program planning, managing program implementation, media/influencer relations success, project management, and staff mentoring. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, English, or public relations-related focus.
Voce Internships (Silicon Valley)
Public relations professionals have become one of the most sought-after individuals in the technology industry. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA-based Voce Communications (VOH-chay) recognizes that you are a valuable asset and that your ideas and abilities will help shape the future of the company fortunate enough to reap your talents.
The ideal candidate will bring strong writing skills, preferably in journalism, the ability to meet deadlines consistently and multi-task, a strong sense of urgency, a desire to learn and be challenged, and energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism. Proficiency in typing, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet-based research is a must.
Voce interns will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following projects:
- Assist in researching editorial opportunities with trade publications, newspapers and other magazines
- Assist in researching speaking opportunities for clients at industry trade shows and conferences
- Prepare clip reports for news coverage of clients
- Prepare weblog reports of commentary posted to the internet about a client.
- Work with account teams to learn to: craft speaking abstracts, editorial pitches, executive biographies and press releases
- Participate in account team meetings as appropriate
- Assist in administrative duties, such as faxing, copying, answering phone calls and receiving office visitors
THE VOCE EXPERIENCE – What We Do…
- Contribute ideas, energy and leadership to a fast-growing PR firm, helping to evolve and execute our vision.
- Take responsibility for crafting and implementing PR and brand strategies that generate results for our clients.
- Interact with industry influencers, discussing and devising the stories that are driving technology trends – and the trends that are driving the stories.
- Interact frequently with clients’ senior executives as you develop strategies for high technology branding, IPOs, road shows, and product and corporate launches.
- Create event ideas to supplement client product and corporate communications programs.
- Work within a collaborative team environment, where you will have access to professional mentoring and educational programs to stimulate growth.
- Enjoy the freedom derived from working in a fun atmosphere with a developing culture that encourages personal development through our education program and more.
- People are number one because Voce recognizes that people ARE the company. Each Voce business decision is dictated by people first.
- We believe the development of a company culture is critical, and believe that personal interaction and on-the-job relationships drive this culture.
- We approach the hiring of a team member in a thoughtful and deliberate manner. Why? Every person hired is an investment into the evolution to our culture.