Voce is an award winning communications consultancy with offices in Sunnyvale, CA, San Francisco, CA and Orlando, FL. We help companies build better brands through content creation and community engagement using a combination of public relations, social media marketing and web development strategies.
One of the defining characteristics of Voce’s approach to digital marketing is the notion of supporting brands and businesses in their role as content publishers. Strong and ongoing content strategy counsel is a crucial component of that mission. The growth and further refinement of Voce’s core competencies in content strategy and in the design, development, and production of core and premium content are at the heart of our plans for 2014 and beyond.
The Content Strategy and Planning team helps our clients develop successful approaches to serving their audiences and business objectives through owned channels and throughout the social media landscape. The team also helps later-stage programs define new growth opportunities, increase scale and sophistication, and make course corrections based on data and insights. A content strategist at Voce/PN leads and executes the initial research and analysis for client programs around audience wants and needs, business objectives and processes, and contextual components.
Responsibilities: In this position, a candidate for Content Strategist will be expected to lead the elements of the initial discovery and exploration phase of client programs and the development of sound editorial strategies and processes. This includes:
- Audience analysis
- Stakeholder interviews
- Content audits
- Taxonomy and organization
- Style guides, voice and tone
- Contextual and topic research
- User experience guidance as related to content organization
In addition, a candidate will play a role in providing content strategy insights and support to the Platforms User Experience team, integrating with website development processes that may not have a direct social media component. This may include the development of site map and wireframe recommendations, content inventories, migration documents, and the like.
- A candidate will be expected to play a role within PNConnect, PN’s global digital marketing practice, supporting one or more of PNConnect’s core charters and helping define and realize the vision of Content Services at the global level.
- A candidate for this position will be expected to work successfully with a broad spectrum of client contacts, include those that work in PR, Marketing, Sales, and Web functions. A candidate that can demonstrate a successful track record of project execution across a variety of corporate departments is preferred.
- A candidate for this position will be expected to oversee and guide account teams (as it pertains to various content initiatives). This guidance should include acting as a goal setter and quality controller as well as providing constructive feedback and mentorship.
- A candidate for this position will be accountable to Voce leadership for project performance.
- Should be comfortable leading the development of analysis, research, and content across a variety of media, including video, Web application development, magazine-style long form writing, content curation, etc.
- Should have experience developing written client-facing deliverables in prose and slide format that summarize findings and make recommendations
- Should be comfortable applying existing processes and approaches to new challenges and evolving them where appropriate for maximum benefit
- Should have experience in an editorial, publishing environment serving an audience
- Should have demonstrated experience in software development and working directly with a development team
- Must be located in the Bay Area – position to be filled in either our Silicon Valley or San Francisco office
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org top
Voce (Vo-chay) Communications, a Porter Novelli company, and its Voce Connect Platforms team is looking for a Project Manager who will bring their experience organizing, managing, and collaborating on technical projects to a growing team of passionate designers and developers. The project manager will be a key component in the team’s vision of creating beautifully simple and efficient web platforms for some of the largest brands in the world.
Roles of Project Manager:
- Work closely with team leads to manage project scope and team member hours
- Organize and facilitate gathering requirements, backlog planning, release planning, iteration planning, demos and retrospectives
- Track and communicate team velocity, release and iteration progress, risks and issues/impediments both internally and externally and devise contingency plans
- Drive prioritization discussions with product owners as needed to ensure resources are allocated to key features and requirements
- Track and communicate the status of deliverables and any decisions made regarding outstanding issues
- 3-4 years experience as a Project Manager in a software development environment
- 3-4 years experience working on high complexity, high profile projects and programs
- Experience managing projects with budgets up to $1 million annually
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Candidate must exhibit strong leadership and ability to motivate and engage a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and timelines
- Proven ability to coordinate between 5-10 people from different groups and multiple projects
- Located in New York, NY
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce (Vo-Chay) Communications, a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Client Executive to support PR and Social Media programs within our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients. Client Executives provide day-to-day tactical implementation of all account activities. Client executives work closely with Senior Client Executives and Supervisors on the execution of our client’s strategic PR plans and initiatives. Client Executives mentor and provide direction to Assistant Client Executives and interns in their efforts to service the account. Client Executives are the client’s primary interface regarding tactical PR activities and issues.
- Place high priority on delivering quality results; goes above and beyond client and management’s expectations
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials that reflect an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, market, competitive position), as well as professional standards
- Responsible for the creation of client content materials, including but not limited to: news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitch letters, Q&As, company memoranda, metrics computation and analysis, and general client correspondence
- Serve as primary and ongoing contact on client’s behalf to press and analysts. Identify appropriate target influencers and sees pitch through to successful placement
- Understand influencer needs and coverage areas, including editorial focus, deadlines, audiences and format to build solid, productive relationships with target influencers
- Display a strategic and tactical understanding of social media and its role in the public relations process and ability to identify influential bloggers as they relate to client target market and audience, and engage those individuals to achieve program goals
- Keep programs on track; ensure deadlines and ongoing work requirements of the client are met
- Organize and communicates messages clearly and concisely to support client goals
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills, attentiveness, and intuitiveness about client satisfaction and concerns
- Ability multi-task, all day and every day
- Deadline driven; demonstrate ability to manage projects thoroughly and completely within given timeframes
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications or PR-related discipline. Two to four years professional experience, preferably related to public relations or journalism, as well as strong project management and interpersonal skills required. A high-tech background is ideal. Computer literacy is required. An understanding of public relations and social media basics with existing competence in performing Assistant Client Executive duties is required.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Client Executive
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Senior Client Executive to help create and manage the PR and social media programs of our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients. The ideal candidate will bring 4-6 years of agency/in-house experience, a firm grasp of results-driven PR, and a strong desire to cultivate and mentor fellow teammates.
- Consult with clients on high-level strategies, and, in conjunction with teammates, develop and implement strategic PR programs and plans
- Accountable for the day-to-day project management of accounts and client deliverables
- Provide day-to-day senior counsel to clients, and more junior level team members
- Be a team leader; assisting Directors and Supervisors in determining workflow, assignments and deadlines for the team
- Cultivate and constantly continue to build relationships with media, analysts and other industry influencers
- Motivate teammates through diligent and earnest communications and a “lead by example” style
- Mentor team members to help them learn fundamental PR and client service skills
- Assist in providing quality control for all internal and client deliverables
Prior Education and Experience
Bring at least four years experience in the public relations industry. Demonstrate expertise in areas of: strategic program planning, managing program implementation, media/influencer relations success, project management, and staff mentoring. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, English, or public relations-related focus.
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company, is currently seeking a Supervisor to help create and manage Social Media programs for our rapidly growing base of world-class technology clients. The ideal candidate will bring 6-7 years of agency/in-house experience, a firm grasp of results-driven influencer campaigns, and a strong desire to cultivate and mentor fellow teammates. Your responsibility will be to develop, manage and execute digital strategy projects and programs, as well as oversee account teams. Due to the nature of social media in the BtoB space, knowledge of engagement strategies will be necessary as well as understanding of points of integration between social media tools and corporate destinations such as Websites, etc. You will lead a social media focused team and work closely with internal social media and interactive marketing clients to define strategy and execution plans. You will also be expected to participate in Voce’s internal education efforts.
Client responsibilities include
- Accountable to clients for project management of account activity
- Consult with clients on high-level strategies, and, in conjunction with the client, develop and implement strategic communications programs and plans, drive an overall strategic “digital” strategy with a strong emphasis on social media
- Interface with broad interactive marketing team to provide engagement for regular social media activities via online channels
- Provide routine counsel on integration recommendations between social media tools and online destinations
- Maintain day-to-day contact with clients
- Manage account workflow, assignments and take responsibility for the team’s ability to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations
Management responsibilities include
- Manage client accounts and account teams; providing quality control, maintaining budgets, and tracking and supervising team resources
- Mentor and manage team members to help them continue cultivating digital, social media and client service skills
- Accountable to Voce leadership for program budget and resource management
- Motivate team members to work together as a team towards client goals and objectives, continually inspire through encouragement, constructive feedback, and daily mentorship
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm to actively contribute to the overall business
Prior education and experience
Desirable candidates bring a minimum of 5-6 years experience in communications. Demonstrate expertise in areas of: strategic program planning, managing program implementation, digital strategy, budget and project management, staff time allocation, and staff mentoring. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or marketing.
Voce Internships (Silicon Valley)
Public relations professionals have become one of the most sought-after individuals in the technology industry. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA-based Voce Communications (VOH-chay) recognizes that you are a valuable asset and that your ideas and abilities will help shape the future of the company fortunate enough to reap your talents.
The ideal candidate will bring strong writing skills, preferably in journalism, the ability to meet deadlines consistently and multi-task, a strong sense of urgency, a desire to learn and be challenged, and energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism. Proficiency in typing, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet-based research is a must.
Voce interns will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following projects:
- Assist in researching editorial opportunities with trade publications, newspapers and other magazines
- Assist in researching speaking opportunities for clients at industry trade shows and conferences
- Prepare clip reports for news coverage of clients
- Prepare weblog reports of commentary posted to the internet about a client.
- Work with account teams to learn to: craft speaking abstracts, editorial pitches, executive biographies and press releases
- Participate in account team meetings as appropriate
- Assist in administrative duties, such as faxing, copying, answering phone calls and receiving office visitors
THE VOCE EXPERIENCE – What We Do…
- Contribute ideas, energy and leadership to a fast-growing PR firm, helping to evolve and execute our vision.
- Take responsibility for crafting and implementing PR and brand strategies that generate results for our clients.
- Interact with industry influencers, discussing and devising the stories that are driving technology trends – and the trends that are driving the stories.
- Interact frequently with clients’ senior executives as you develop strategies for high-technology branding, IPOs, road shows, and product and corporate launches.
- Create event ideas to supplement client product and corporate communications programs.
- Work within a collaborative team environment, where you will have access to professional mentoring and educational programs to stimulate growth.
- Enjoy the freedom derived from working in a fun atmosphere with a developing culture that encourages personal development through our education program and more.
- People are number one because Voce recognizes that people ARE the company. Each Voce business decision is dictated by people first.
- We believe the development of a company culture is critical, and believe that personal interaction and on-the-job relationships drive this culture.
- We approach the hiring of a team member in a thoughtful and deliberate manner. Why? Every person hired is an investment into the evolution to our culture.
Please submit resume to: email@example.com
Internship Opportunities with Voce (Winter Haven, FL)
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking an intern to assist our PR and Social Media teams. Voce is committed to providing college students and recent graduates with the skills and expertise necessary to become excellent strategic counselors. At Voce, interns are members of account teams and their day-in and day-out tasks range from media relations and press material development to social media and metrics analysis to learning, first-hand, about client interaction and strategic planning.
As a Voce intern, you’ll get a real taste of what it means to be a communications consultant. Voce wants our interns to not only gain all of the skills necessary to land their first entry-level communications role, but to really be successful, confident public relations professionals.
The internship in our Florida office will be focused on:
- Provide support to Associate Client Executives and Client Executives on the execution of all day-to-day client work.
- Consistently demonstrates attention to detail and quality assurance when conducting these assignments.
- Able to write initial drafts and ultimately complete assignments such as competitive analysis, and analysis of client campaign metrics.
- An aptitude for multi-tasking all-day (every day).
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to compile daily/weekly/quarterly reports.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Web/Social Media Skills:
- Must have a basic understanding of lightweight HTML
- Experience with web publishing tools (ideally blogs)
- Experience with popular social media services, including WordPress, YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience with Google Docs
- Experience managing web communities, especially comment moderation.
- A strong understanding of basic web search tools and services (e.g., Google Blog search)
- An ability to quickly identify information and publish on-the-fly to Voce’s reporting tool
The heart and soul of Voce is the people, and when we search for new hires, including interns, we’re not just looking for an “employee,” but rather we’re looking for people who will help define and re-define the company culture. At Voce, our people work with each other to build the environment that enables them to succeed. They create the business, they execute on the business, and this commitment holds true for our interns.
Our internship program is typically three months long with a full time or part-time commitment. The selection process includes both phone and in-person interviews.
If you’re interested in applying for an internship please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org