Voce is an award winning communications consultancy with offices in Sunnyvale, CA, San Francisco, CA and Orlando, FL. We help companies build better brands through content creation and community engagement using a combination of public relations, social media marketing and web development strategies.
Account Manager – Digital (San Francisco/Silicon Valley, CA) / Project Management (New York, NY) / Client Executive (Bay Area, CA) / Senior Client Executive (Bay Area, CA) / Supervisor (Bay Area, CA) / Internship Opportunities
Account Manager – Digital
Voce Communications, a Porter Novelli company, a leading global communications firm, seeks an experienced Account Manager to join its digital team in San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices.
The successful candidate will develop and implement digital strategies across a range of clients in the B2B and/or consumer technology space; contribute to new business pitches; and be responsible for measuring campaign results to show clients clear ROI.
The role requires a solutions-focused individual who is responsive to the needs of colleagues and clients, can think creatively, and has a track record of developing digital programs that align against business and communications goals. They will be an engaging presenter who can make the complex sound simple, and play an active role in helping account teams grow their digital proficiency through training and trend-sharing.
This is an opportunity to work alongside Voce’s experts in areas such as paid media, analytics, creative services and web development to provide clients with a fully integrated solution. An Account Manager with the digital team will also collaborate with a global network of colleagues through our digital marketing team, PNConnect.
- Develop and implement strategic communications programs that address a client’s business and communication needs
- Understand and implement digital components as part of an overall integrated communications and content strategy
- Establish digital benchmarks of success for each program and execute to meet or exceed those benchmarks
- Take a leading role in client management and be committed to delivering excellent account service
Generate well-thought-thorough proposals, presentations and strategy briefings that ‘get’ the big picture
- Help pitch and win new business, including contributing ideas to RFIs/RFPs and participating in new business pitches
- Stay abreast of innovations in social and digital, and look for ways to integrate these to client campaigns
- Work collaboratively with other team members, agency partners, and outside vendors.
- Demonstrate a problem-solving mindset
- Successfully lead and motivate teams, and play an active role in developing junior team members
- Write articles and contribute to company blogs, social feeds and publications to support wider agency marketing efforts
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects for multiple clients so work is delivered within agreed deadlines
- Set and manage budgets
- 6+ years experience working in PR and/or marketing, most recently specializing in digital and social media. Agency experience preferred
- Deep understanding of the principles of social media and digital communications, while still being willing and able to be hands on. A high-level understanding of digital and social strategies is important, a track record of managing and delivering complex online marketing and social media programs is critical
- Evidence of establishing strong client relationships as the day-to-day client contact
- Experience in working with a range of community management, social publishing and measurement services, including experimenting with, and evaluating new services
- A history of working with leading B2B technology brands/companies/institutions, and an understanding of B2B technologies (data storage, security, networking, etc.)
- Strong writing, presentation and interpersonal skillsKnowledge of other aspects of digital marketing including site design, SEO, would be useful
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Voce (Vo-chay) Communications, a Porter Novelli company, and its Voce Connect Platforms team is looking for a Project Manager who will bring their experience organizing, managing, and collaborating on technical projects to a growing team of passionate designers and developers. The project manager will be a key component in the team’s vision of creating beautifully simple and efficient web platforms for some of the largest brands in the world.
Roles of Project Manager:
- Work closely with team leads to manage project scope and team member hours
- Organize and facilitate gathering requirements, backlog planning, release planning, iteration planning, demos and retrospectives
- Track and communicate team velocity, release and iteration progress, risks and issues/impediments both internally and externally and devise contingency plans
- Drive prioritization discussions with product owners as needed to ensure resources are allocated to key features and requirements
- Track and communicate the status of deliverables and any decisions made regarding outstanding issues
- 3-4 years experience as a Project Manager in a software development environment
- 3-4 years experience working on high complexity, high profile projects and programs
- Experience managing projects with budgets up to $1 million annually
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Candidate must exhibit strong leadership and ability to motivate and engage a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and timelines
- Proven ability to coordinate between 5-10 people from different groups and multiple projects
- Located in New York, NY
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce (Vo-Chay) Communications, a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Client Executive to support PR and Social Media programs within our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients. Client Executives provide day-to-day tactical implementation of all account activities. Client executives work closely with Senior Client Executives and Supervisors on the execution of our client’s strategic PR plans and initiatives. Client Executives mentor and provide direction to Assistant Client Executives and interns in their efforts to service the account. Client Executives are the client’s primary interface regarding tactical PR activities and issues.
- Place high priority on delivering quality results; goes above and beyond client and management’s expectations
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials that reflect an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, market, competitive position), as well as professional standards
- Responsible for the creation of client content materials, including but not limited to: news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitch letters, Q&As, company memoranda, metrics computation and analysis, and general client correspondence
- Serve as primary and ongoing contact on client’s behalf to press and analysts. Identify appropriate target influencers and sees pitch through to successful placement
- Understand influencer needs and coverage areas, including editorial focus, deadlines, audiences and format to build solid, productive relationships with target influencers
- Display a strategic and tactical understanding of social media and its role in the public relations process and ability to identify influential bloggers as they relate to client target market and audience, and engage those individuals to achieve program goals
- Keep programs on track; ensure deadlines and ongoing work requirements of the client are met
- Organize and communicates messages clearly and concisely to support client goals
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills, attentiveness, and intuitiveness about client satisfaction and concerns
- Ability multi-task, all day and every day
- Deadline driven; demonstrate ability to manage projects thoroughly and completely within given timeframes
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications or PR-related discipline. Two to four years professional experience, preferably related to public relations or journalism, as well as strong project management and interpersonal skills required. A high-tech background is ideal. Computer literacy is required. An understanding of public relations and social media basics with existing competence in performing Assistant Client Executive duties is required.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Senior Client Executive
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a Senior Client Executive to help create and manage the PR and social media programs of our rapidly growing base of world-class consumer and technology clients. The ideal candidate will bring 4-6 years of agency/in-house experience, a firm grasp of results-driven PR, and a strong desire to cultivate and mentor fellow teammates.
- Consult with clients on high-level strategies, and, in conjunction with teammates, develop and implement strategic PR programs and plans
- Accountable for the day-to-day project management of accounts and client deliverables
- Provide day-to-day senior counsel to clients, and more junior level team members
- Be a team leader; assisting Directors and Supervisors in determining workflow, assignments and deadlines for the team
- Cultivate and constantly continue to build relationships with media, analysts and other industry influencers
- Motivate teammates through diligent and earnest communications and a “lead by example” style
- Mentor team members to help them learn fundamental PR and client service skills
- Assist in providing quality control for all internal and client deliverables
Prior Education and Experience
Bring at least four years experience in the public relations industry. Demonstrate expertise in areas of: strategic program planning, managing program implementation, media/influencer relations success, project management, and staff mentoring. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, English, or public relations-related focus.
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company, is currently seeking a Supervisor to help create and manage Social Media programs for our rapidly growing base of world-class technology clients. The ideal candidate will bring 6-7 years of agency/in-house experience, a firm grasp of results-driven influencer campaigns, and a strong desire to cultivate and mentor fellow teammates. Your responsibility will be to develop, manage and execute digital strategy projects and programs, as well as oversee account teams. Due to the nature of social media in the BtoB space, knowledge of engagement strategies will be necessary as well as understanding of points of integration between social media tools and corporate destinations such as Websites, etc. You will lead a social media focused team and work closely with internal social media and interactive marketing clients to define strategy and execution plans. You will also be expected to participate in Voce’s internal education efforts.
Client responsibilities include
- Accountable to clients for project management of account activity
- Consult with clients on high-level strategies, and, in conjunction with the client, develop and implement strategic communications programs and plans, drive an overall strategic “digital” strategy with a strong emphasis on social media
- Interface with broad interactive marketing team to provide engagement for regular social media activities via online channels
- Provide routine counsel on integration recommendations between social media tools and online destinations
- Maintain day-to-day contact with clients
- Manage account workflow, assignments and take responsibility for the team’s ability to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations
Management responsibilities include
- Manage client accounts and account teams; providing quality control, maintaining budgets, and tracking and supervising team resources
- Mentor and manage team members to help them continue cultivating digital, social media and client service skills
- Accountable to Voce leadership for program budget and resource management
- Motivate team members to work together as a team towards client goals and objectives, continually inspire through encouragement, constructive feedback, and daily mentorship
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm to actively contribute to the overall business
Prior education and experience
Desirable candidates bring a minimum of 5-6 years experience in communications. Demonstrate expertise in areas of: strategic program planning, managing program implementation, digital strategy, budget and project management, staff time allocation, and staff mentoring. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or marketing.
Voce Internships (Silicon Valley)
Public relations professionals have become one of the most sought-after individuals in the technology industry. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA-based Voce Communications (VOH-chay) recognizes that you are a valuable asset and that your ideas and abilities will help shape the future of the company fortunate enough to reap your talents.
The ideal candidate will bring strong writing skills, preferably in journalism, the ability to meet deadlines consistently and multi-task, a strong sense of urgency, a desire to learn and be challenged, and energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism. Proficiency in typing, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet-based research is a must.
Voce interns will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following projects:
- Assist in researching editorial opportunities with trade publications, newspapers and other magazines
- Assist in researching speaking opportunities for clients at industry trade shows and conferences
- Prepare clip reports for news coverage of clients
- Prepare weblog reports of commentary posted to the internet about a client.
- Work with account teams to learn to: craft speaking abstracts, editorial pitches, executive biographies and press releases
- Participate in account team meetings as appropriate
- Assist in administrative duties, such as faxing, copying, answering phone calls and receiving office visitors
THE VOCE EXPERIENCE – What We Do…
- Contribute ideas, energy and leadership to a fast-growing PR firm, helping to evolve and execute our vision.
- Take responsibility for crafting and implementing PR and brand strategies that generate results for our clients.
- Interact with industry influencers, discussing and devising the stories that are driving technology trends – and the trends that are driving the stories.
- Interact frequently with clients’ senior executives as you develop strategies for high-technology branding, IPOs, road shows, and product and corporate launches.
- Create event ideas to supplement client product and corporate communications programs.
- Work within a collaborative team environment, where you will have access to professional mentoring and educational programs to stimulate growth.
- Enjoy the freedom derived from working in a fun atmosphere with a developing culture that encourages personal development through our education program and more.
- People are number one because Voce recognizes that people ARE the company. Each Voce business decision is dictated by people first.
- We believe the development of a company culture is critical, and believe that personal interaction and on-the-job relationships drive this culture.
- We approach the hiring of a team member in a thoughtful and deliberate manner. Why? Every person hired is an investment into the evolution to our culture.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Opportunities (Full time position in Winter Haven, FL)
Silicon Valley-based PR and influencer marketing firm Voce Communications (Vo-chay), a Porter Novelli company is currently seeking a full-time intern to assist our PR and Social Media teams. Voce is committed to providing college students and recent graduates with the skills and expertise necessary to become excellent strategic counselors. At Voce, interns are members of account teams and their day-in and day-out tasks range from media relations and press material development to social media and metrics analysis to learning, first-hand, about client interaction and strategic planning.
As a Voce intern, you’ll get a real taste of what it means to be a communications consultant. Voce wants our interns to not only gain all of the skills necessary to land their first entry-level communications role, but to really be successful, confident public relations professionals.
The internship in our Florida office will be focused on:
- Provide support to Associate Client Executives and Client Executives on the execution of all day-to-day client work.
- Consistently demonstrates attention to detail and quality assurance when conducting these assignments.
- Able to write initial drafts and ultimately complete assignments such as competitive analysis, and analysis of client campaign metrics.
- An aptitude for multi-tasking all-day (every day).
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to compile daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly reports.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work within a team
- Web/Social Media Skills:
- Must have a basic understanding of lightweight HTML
- Experience with web publishing tools including WordPress
- Experience with mainstream social media platforms, including YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Experience with Google Apps: Mail, Drive, Calendar and Analytics
- Experience managing web communities and comment moderation.
- A strong understanding of basic web search tools and services (e.g., Google Blog search)
- An ability to quickly identify information and publish on-the-fly to Voce’s reporting tool
- This full-time position location will be in our Winter Haven, FL office.
If you’re interested in applying for an internship please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com