Voce is dedicated to doing exceptional work not only for our clients but also in our communities. Community service is a powerful expression of the civic values that bind us together as a society. Voce has a continued partnership with non-profit organization, Girls For A Change (GFC), offering strategic public relations planning for its national launch and fundraising events, as well as the on-going development of its blog, InHerCity.
GFC, is a national organization that empowers young women to create social change in their environments. With the guidance of professional women, girls design, lead, fund and implement innovative projects that transform their neighborhoods, schools and communities.
Girls for a Change launched nearly 100 girl action teams in Northern California this year. Below are just a few of the program implementations that the high school girls accomplished this year:
- A gang prevention program for Santee Elementary School sixth graders that got the team on NBC nightly news!
- A asthma awareness video so powerful that the American Lung Association wants to use it in their education program.
- An immigrant rights campaign that brought the team to Sacramento to speak with elected officials including Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- An Anti smoking campaign that resulted in a billboard on Highway 880.
- A $10,000 education fund for girls in Afghanistan
We are proud of the work that we do with GFC. The opportunity to apply our expertise empowers the organization, which in turn empowers the young ladies that participate. Organizations like these are needed in all of our communities. It is great to see the young women building on their self-esteem, making new friends and impacting their communities. We are honored to be a part of the social change.
— Katie Watson