Voce Communications has partnered with The Community Roundtable to produce a new podcast series, Conversations with Community Managers. In this series, Voce’s Doug Haslam and The Community Roundtable’s Jim Storer speak with people from a variety of industries about their efforts with online community; what they are doing, the challenges and opportunities unique to their industry, and the differences and similarities between “community” and “social media.”
Our first episode features an interview with DJ Waldow, Director of Community at Blue Sky Factory.
From their Web site:
Blue Sky Factory is all about your success (Blue Sky), and the idea that success isn’t luck or an accident, but something you make (Factory). Our chosen vehicle for helping you achieve success is email marketing.
Some of the podcast highlights include:
- We make DJ answer the “isn’t email dead?” question
- DJ discusses the difference between social media and community management, and how he juggles the two roles
- Community, in this case, is made up of a variety of members, from customers to prospects to industry professionals
- DJ describes a day in his life, from monitoring to outreach and response and even prospecting
- We discuss scale issues for smaller companies, larger companies, and franchises
- *Plus: DJ mentioned being an expectant father during this recording. Eva Claire Waldow was born Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Congratulations!
Subscribe to the podcast here:
MUSIC CREDIT: “Bleuacide” by graphiqsgroove.