Voce Communications has partnered with The Community Roundtable to produce a new podcast series, Conversations with Community Managers. In this series, Voce’s Doug Haslam and The Community Roundtable’s Jim Storer speak with people from a variety of industries about their efforts with online community; what they are doing, the challenges and opportunities unique to their industry, and the differences and similarities between “community” and “social media.”
Episode 2 is an interview with Tim Walker, Social Media Manager for Hoovers, the “world’s top supplier of business information on companies, industries and the people who run them.” (Blog: http://www.hooversbiz.com/)
Some of the podcast highlights include:
- Implementing an internal community that opens lines of communications, fosters new ideas and improves the product
- Knowing when to use what tools, from “social media” community platforms to email to phone to just walking down the hall
- The differences between being a community manager and a social media manager
- The balance between “on-domain” and “off-domain” engagement
- Tim draws a line between engaging your community and the dating game (seriously)
Download the show here.
Subscribe to the podcast here:
MUSIC CREDIT: “Bleuacide” by graphiqsgroove.