- How the traditional title of “Marketing Director” translates to online marketing, customer service and social engagement
- Turning metrics into meaning by realizing the personalities behind the community members
- Tips on community: making members feel like they belong and are contributing, and that they are being heard and acknowledged
- Stories about communities in the 1970s, enabled by “ditto machines” and other pre social media technology (the roots of Dave’s current personal projects are found at http://www.uncleweed.com/)
- An example of a company (SubPop records) that started their community building in the pre-social media era (pre-Internet, even), and evolved it into the age of Twitter
- Adding value, context and storytelling vs simply “attracting a crowd”
We Are Communication Architects
Building brand awareness through content creation and community engagement.
Doug HaslamMay 27th, 2010
Episode 9 of Conversations with Community Managers (co-produced with The Community Roundtable) features Dave Olson, Marketing Director for HootSuite, which helps people and companies track, monitor and manage their Twitter communities.
Podcast highlights include:
Voce Communications has partnered with The Community Roundtable to produce a new podcast series,Conversations with Community Managers. In this series, Voce’s Doug Haslam and The Community Roundtable’s Jim Storer speak with people from a variety of industries about their efforts with online community; what they are doing, the challenges and opportunities unique to their industry, and the differences and similarities between “community” and “social media.”