Our podcast series, Conversations with Community Managers (a co-production with The Community Roundtable
), continues with episode 24, featuring Lauren Vargas
, Director of Community at social media monitoring software company Radian 6
(disclosure: Radian 6 is a Voce client).
Podcast highlights include:
- Building vertical-focused communities to better serve the customer community
- Can community operate without a dedicated, “gated” platform?
- The importance of organizational commitment to community, right up to the C-Suite
- Content as the starting point to create engagement, with blogs as the focal point
- Finding your “influencers;” why and how, and finding them outside your direct community
- A discusion of tools for finding influencers (not just Klout)
Voce Communications has partnered with The Community Roundtable to produce a new podcast series, Conversations with Community Managers. In this series, Voce’s Doug Haslam and The Community Roundtable’s
Jim Storer speak with people from a variety of industries about their efforts with online community; what they are doing, the challenges and opportunities unique to their industry, and the differences and similarities between “community” and “social media.”
Filed in Community, Voce Nation Podcast