- Consumer Response to SocNet Marketing Messages Depends on Brand Relationship: Nothing surprising here since it makes sense that those who have taken a positive action are more open to receiving messages. But when the study starts going into expectations around message types it’s a good reminder to be evaluating how you’re meeting audience needs.
- Survey: 65 percent of social media pros juggle other duties: The survey also shows a lack of satisfaction with efforts, possibly indicating a need for more dedicated staff, though budget forecasts in this survey do not indicate more money coming their way to staff up.
- Tumblr grows to nearly 170 million monthly visitors, up 50 million from January: Tumblr continues to make big pushes toward being a big, kind of late-blooming hit with people who want social networking combined with some real blogging capabilities. This is just the latest milestone for the platform.
- Post Industrial Journalism: Adapting to the Present: A fascinating look at the business models involved in journalism these days and how many of those models, particularly advertising, are failing. It also examines what sort of evolution should be happening at the reporter beat level and more. A must read.
- Facebook Testing Display Of Number Of Views On Users’ Links To Page Posts?: This could provide some substantial value in gauging how effective different types of posts are so publishers can make adjustments to get more viral reach. Other Facebook experiments with this space, though, haven’t been long-lived so it remains to be seen how long this one will last.
We Are Communication Architects
Building brand awareness through content creation and community engagement.
Tiffany CurciDecember 3rd, 2012